Care & Support Worker
Being a Care & Support Worker and working in care overall, is one of the most rewarding careers available. The caring nature of our staff is repaid daily in seeing the difference they help make in our service users’ lives. Our care & support workers primarily specialise in providing personal care to those in need of assistance, but also handle roles and duties such as domestic, social and respite services.
We have service users situated all over the Renfrewshire area and they represent a wide range of different kinds of people, just like our ever growing team of care & support workers. One of the greatest aspects of working in care, is the opportunity to meet and truly get to know your service users, their loved ones and your colleagues across the healthcare sector. The relationships developed through working in this role can be life changing.
Working with Visiting Angelz requires travelling between our service users homes in different areas, although a driving licence is not mandatory for applicants.
Visiting Angelz insist that any applicants for a care & support worker role should be empathetic, compassionate in nature and keen to help others. They also must be aware of the importance of the job they carry out, in regards to the service users’ quality of life. A friendly, respectful approach to all should be practised at all times, staying respectful of service users and their homes.
Experience in the care / healthcare sector is preferred, but not essential as comprehensive training is provided, as well as on the job guidance from our experienced team.
Learn about our current team, including our Care & Support Workers here.
- We are proud to be accredited by and to follow the Real Living Wage’s rate for Care & Support Workers.
- All Care & Support Workers are provided with fantastic private health insurance cover on completion of probationary period. This contains a number of excellent benefits and programmes to help optimize your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Care & Support workers are initially paid a rate of £9.50, with this rising to £10 p/h on completion of 3 month probationary period.
- Provided with full induction and all SSSC required training in all aspects of personal care and are given the option of further specialist training.
- All staff who drive are provided with full mileage rate in relation to travel time between shifts, or where relevant a fuel card.
- All Care & Support Worker staff are provided with full uniform.
- Staff are all registered as members of the PVG (Protecting of Vulnerable Groups) scheme prior to employment, paid in full by us as employers as well as being fully registered with SSSC.